Vietnamese rice paper rolls
The perfect way to serve Rice Paper Rolls is to put all the ingredients in the middle of the table and for everyone to make their own. A really nice interactive meal where everyone can choose their own favourite ingredients, just like in Vietnam.
Rice paper rolls ingredients:
100 g cooked rice vermicelli
Some cooked prawns
Some BBQ pork if available.
A few lettuce leaves
1 cup Asian Basil
1 cup coriander leaves
1 cup mint
1 small Lebanese cucumber halved lengthways, then thinly sliced on diagonal.
8 large round Rice Paper wrappers
Vietnamese dipping sauce ingredients:
2 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
2 tablespoons Soy sauce
Crushed Peanut to serve
1. To make the dipping sauce, place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Top with crushed peanuts.
2. To serve, arrange the lettuce, basil, coriander, and cucumber on a large platter and place on the table, alongside the prawns, pork, vermicelli, rice paper wrappers and dipping sauce.
3. Place a large bowl of hot water on the table.
4. To wrap the rolls, soften the rice paper wrappers in hot water and shake off any excess water.
5. Place the wrapper on a plate, top with a little vermicelli, prawn and or pork, cucumber, basil and coriander in the middle and roll up, tucking in the sides.
6. Place each roll in a lettuce leaf and dip into sauce.